Canoe Slalom World Championships 2023
Calling all care homes!
On Wednesday 20th September, we would like to invite 100 care home residents (and their care professionals) to attend the most prestigious sporting event in the county this year!
From Tuesday 19th September - Sunday 24th September, 300 of the world's top athletes head to the Lee Valley White Water Centre in Waltham Cross, to battle it out across a week of thrilling competition at one of the best venues in the world.
Herts Sports & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) are the social impact partners for the event and as part of this, we aim to increase awareness, accessibility and sustainability for the event and the sport in Hertfordshire! We would therefore, like to offer you the opportunity to claim up to 15 tickets, funded by HSP, for your care home residents to enjoy the day.
How to claim:
- We have a limited number of tickets available. Tickets will, therefore, be
offered on a first come
first serve basis with care homes being limited to 15 tickets
per care home.
- Fill out the following form via the button below, by Wednesday 19th July, for your chance to claim up to 15 tickets for your care home residents. Care professional tickets can be requested on top of the 15-ticket allocation to ensure the residents have the support they require to access the event!
- We will be in touch after the closing date to confirm whether you have been successful with your ticket allocation and next steps.
- Please note, HSP are only funding ticket costs. The ticket holder will be responsible for getting to and from the event, as well as any other costs incurred outside of the ticket for example, food and drink.
- Parking information can be provided at the time of ticket allocation.
- Additional tickets can be purchased here
What to expect?
The week will see something for everyone to enjoy from individual to team events, including the men's and women's kayak and canoe and the men's and women's kayak cross.
As well as the coveted World Championships titles, athletes from all nations will also be competing to qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.
There isn't just exciting action on the water at the event, there's a host of spectator activities to keep you entertained! From fabulous food and drink to exciting music and performances – you can find out more here!
Wednesday 20 September – Canoe Heats
- 09:30 – Fan zone opens
- 10:00 – Spectating area opens
- 10:30 – Women's canoe heats – run 1
- 11:35 – Men's canoe heats – run 1
- 12:45 – Lunch interval
- 14:00 – Women's canoe heats – run 2
- 14:44 – Men's canoe heats – run 2
- 16:00 – Venue closes to spectators
If you have further questions please get in touch with Lyndsey, email@example.com.